WMC has two hostels, one each for its male and female students. Purpose-built and furnished recently, the comfortable and student-friendly hostels are a home away from home for students who come from the far reaches of Pakistan and abroad. Both Hostels are located within the medical college premises, in a peaceful, beautiful and safe environment.
- Offer quality boarding opportunities at affordable charges to all those students who wish to stay as boarders
- Provide a safe, friendly and healthy living environment to WMC boarders (and day-scholars when required) for satisfactory accomplishment of their study-goals
- Provide opportunities for students to socialize with their peers in a relaxed manner
- Make the boarders’ stay at WMC completely hassle-free and comfortable
Message by Hostel Wardens:
It is our wish to offer the best boarding opportunity to our students for fulfilling their goalof becoming excellent doctors. We hope that the experience of staying as boarders at the WMC hostels becomes a memorable one for our students, whereby they not only accomplish their study objectives, but also learn the finesse of socializing with others.
Prof. ZubiaAther (Girls)
Mr. Mohd. Ismail(Boys)
|Girls Hostel||Boys Hostel|
|Capacity||67 Tri-seaters67 CubiclesFurnished & with attached bathrooms||28 Tri-seaters54 CubiclesFurnished & with attached bathrooms|
|Mess Hall with Waiters||Yes||Yes|
|Messing||Yes – On monthly payment||Yes – On monthly payment|
|Prayer Hall/ Mosque||Yes||Yes|
|Common Room/ T.V. Room||Yes||Yes – 5 rooms|
|Indoor Gym/ Games area||Yes||Yes|
|Laundry & Ironing||Yes – Free||Yes|
|Ayas/ Room Cleaners||Yes – Free||Yes – Free|
|Day Care||Yes – Free||No|
|Wi-Fi/ Cable T.V.||Yes – Free||Yes – Free|
|Security/ Guards||Yes – at all times||Yes – at all times|
|Shopping shuttle to Isl. / Rwp.||Yes – Bi-monthly/ Free||Yes – Bi-monthly/ Free|
|Access to WMC Library||Yes||Yes|
The hostels are surrounded by green spaces and a park for the students is in the pipeline. WMC takes the security of its students and staff very seriously and it is for this reason that there are guards stationed on the college and hostel premises 24 hours a-day. The tri-seaters, with a capacity for three students, are generally designated for first and second year students and cost less than the cubicle which is for a single student only. Both types of rooms come with attached bathrooms and are fully furnished.
- Hostel accommodation is available to all out-of-town students on first-come basis.
- A monthly fee is charged, the amount of which is decided upon every year by the WMC Administration in consult with the Hostel Committee. Charges may be inquired about from the Finance Department or Students’ Affairs Section.
- To secure boarding, the hostel fees for the whole year may be deposited at the start of each college term with the WMC Finance Department and registration obtained from the Students’ Affairs Section.
- Allotment of boarding space shall be decided by the Hostel Warden for each hostel.
- Temporary Boarding facilities for shorter periods are also available, however, space availability is competitive during Examination periods.
- In case of emergency or security situations, the Hostels remain open and college students are given accommodation on basis of charge of over-night fees.
- Currently, hostels remain closed during long holiday/ examination study periods, as students are expected to go back to their home stations.
- For New Students, the eligibility for hostel accommodation is dependent upon securing admission in WMC and receiving a Student Registration N
- All accommodation details and queries shall be directed to the Students’ Affairs Section.